Thursday, January 16, 2014

Best Discount for Lodge 5-Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set, Black

8 years ago to my wife's horror she found all of our high end $$$$ non-stick pans (wedding presents) in the trash pile. I told her that Teflon is no good for us or our kids. We started picking up Stainless cookware over the years to replace them. In my single life I cooked at 2 restaurants and was never quite happy with the Stainless pans we have. Recently I picked up the reversible 20" griddle that spans 2 gas burners on my cooktop like it was made for it. WOW! These cast iron pieces perform and are easily worth 2x what they cost. I picked up the 14" Wok and now wonder how the hell I've been cooking without it. I'm do darn happy with these lodge pieces I just ordered the 5 piece set. (Order this a-la-carte and not at a set! I paid about $71 free shipping for these 4 pieces, the Dutch oven comes with a cover that fits the 10 1/4" skillet). A big plus is these can go in the oven, on a gas or charcoal grill and right on a campfire. Some of these are perfect for tailgating. I have a feeling once friends and family taste how good food comes from these that I will be buying these for gifts. They would make a very thoughtful cheap gift for anyone who likes to cook.



product arrived a day early. Set was packed well and had zero damage. The pots were exactly as described, I fully expect to never have to buy another set. If taken care of they will easily outlive you. The lid fits well and has self basting knobs inside underneath. I also purchased the combo cooker. Both are american made Lodge quality. You really cant go wrong with this set escpecially at the 68.00 dollars I paid. Easily worth twice that.

Great set. If you haven't used cast iron before -- don't wash them. And always re-oil after use. If they have build up, I boil them with a bit of hot water, use a soft brush and clean them that way. Then dry completely and add a small bit of oil to the surface before putting away.

Also ...? Makes a FANTASTIC roast chicken. Season your bird, throw a few garlic cloves in the cavity, set the oven to 400 and cook, covered, in the dutch oven for about a hour and a half. It will be perfect, and amazingly juicy.

And ... won't explode like Pyrex. We used to only use Pyrex, until one unfortunate day when we found out that it's not just a Urban Myth that sometimes Pyres explodes. What a mess.... So, hey, Lodge came to our rescue. :)

Canon EOS Rebel T3  12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR

No comments:

Post a Comment