Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cheap Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, 5 Pound

The main reason I bought this was because the reviews online were near-stellar for this protein. I ALWAYS do research before buying anything and protein was no exception. I like this stuff, it tastes dandy, and I'm sure all the ladies notice the difference! ;) *ZING*

Here is my favorite recipe that I put this Whey in:

1 avacado
1/2 cup of soy milk (vanilla flavored will blow your mind)
1/4 cup of organic sugar (I use less normally, and if the avocado is wicked ripe I almost half the sugar)
1/4 tablespoon of vanilla extract (liquid vanilla flavoring basically)
THEN...
I add about a 3/4 scoop of this Gold Standard Whey
and SOMETIMES add a half scoop of Juice+ powder (if I do this, I cut back on the sugar even more)


I've used Optimum Nutrition's Whey Protein for many years and always loved it. Occasionally I have tried other brands and always come back. The price is right and the flavors are usually great. Double Rich Chocolate tastes alright. I'm not going to lie, it doesn't have the best taste. It used to taste quite a bit better but over the years the flavor has changed. Not as good as it used to be but the ingredient list has been improved. With 24 grams of protein and 5 BCAA's, yet only 3 carbs, you can't go wrong! The powder mixes easily in any shaker bottle. I usually mix it with water, but it tastes better if you mix it with milk and/or some fruit. Goes down easy with a few ice cubes. Again! This is the best protein on the market for the price! Sure Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey is a more refined product that can be digested a little better, but for the price you can't beat this Gold Standard. I have also tried a couple other flavors. Double Rich Chocolate was what I used all the time. But the flavor isn't as good as it used to be so I've experimented with some others lately. I still drink it but I like to mix it up and swap flavors now. If you don't like Double Rich Chocolate, try another flavor. You'll eventually find one you will like. Here is a list of the flavors I have tried and how I rank them (strictly on flavor alone --- 10 = Perfect .... 1 = Bad) Banana Cream - 9 Strawberry Banana - 5 Delicious Strawberry - 6 Double Rich Chocolate - 7 Extreme Milk Chocolate - 5 Tropical Punch - 6

y wife needed a new protein powder to go along with that new 2-year gym membership. Well, she's been to the gym once and this still hasn't been cracked open. I bet it's good though, I enjoy their other flavors. I think that I'll just consume it myself.
Canon EOS Rebel T3  12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR

No comments:

Post a Comment